I am Wendy Navarrete, Software Engineer with expertise in Data Science technologies, graduate from the National Autonomous University of Mexico. I was born in Mexico City and currently living in the Capital of Silicon Valley.
My previous job, at Walmart Labs gave me the experience to extract, analyze, transform, and visualize huge amounts of data.
Nowadays I am working on projects that contribute to increase my knowledge and experience of Python coding, Machine Learning algorithms, Statistical Analysis, Data Visualization and SQL querying.
I am also a good-news searcher, a fervent reader, an open-minded traveler, and author of pioneeringwomen.org a website to recollect in one place the achievements of women who have started a new journey throughout history.
What do I know?
- Modeling Frameworks: Scikit-Learn, Basics of TensorFlow
- Big Data Technologies: Hadoop Ecosystem (HIVE, HDFS, Sqoop and HUE Portal)
- Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, DB2, Hana
- Visualization Tools: Tableau, Power BI
- Miscellaneous: Linux/Unix, GIT, Google Cloud Platform, OneOps Cloud and A/B Testing
- Problem Solving
- Customer Service
- Effective Communication
- Curiosity for Discovery
- Understanding the Business
- Critical Thinking
- Intellectual curiosity
Certificates and courses I’ve completed:
- Predictive Analytics for Business Nanodegree by Udacity
- Mathematics for Machine Learning Specialization by Imperial College London – Coursera
- Data Science by Thinkful
- Machine Learning with TensorFlow on Google Cloud Platform by Google – Coursera
- Business Applications of Hypothesis Testing and Confidence Interval Estimation by Rice University – Coursera
- Advanced SQL – Logical Query Processing by LinkedIn
- Introduction to TensorFlow for Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning by deep learning.ai
- Apache Spark Essential Training by LinkedIn
- Hadoop for Data Science Tips, Tricks, & Techniques by LinkedIn
- Creating Dashboards and Storytelling with Tableau by University of California, Davis – Coursera
- A/B Testing – Udacity
- R Programming by Johns Hopkins University – Coursera
- Probability and Statistics for Business and Data Science – Udemy